Wednesday, January 8, 2014

How to: Update Your Android Device

Mrs. The Droid Lawyer has a nasty habit of saying, “fix this,” then tossing her Android phone onto my lap. Most technophiles love this “free-reign” opportunity to tweak and customize, but I utter a silent “ugh” whenever this occurs. The “ugh” comes because Mrs. The Droid Lawyer doesn’t like change — like how I switched out SwiftKey for Google Keyboard; not cool — and so any of my “subtle” changes become monumental obstacles. At least that’s according to Mrs. The Droid Lawyer.
However, there are a number of times when Mrs. The Droid Lawyer accepts my fixes as manna from heaven. Mrs. The Droid Lawyer will swoon and fawn around me because of my prowess. And why wouldn’t she? I am The Droid Lawyer.
 
Okay, I made the last part up. Her usual comment is, “I have to keep you around for something.”
Truthfully though, most of these fixes involve simple app or system updates, but please don’t tell her. I’m afraid if she really knows, then I’ll outlive my usefulness.
Fortunately, I’m getting this post out before Mrs. The Droid Lawyer discards me, and hopefully she’ll ignore my most recent status update.

The importance of staying up-to-date

Updating your Android device is important. Whether it’s keeping your apps updated, or making system updates to improve performance or install a new version of Android.
System updates help improve the performance of your Android tablet or smartphone. The system update also helps to keep your tablet secure.

Get the update started

You can easily update your Android system in just a few clicks.
First, click Menu, then Settings. You can find the setting feature usually in the notification bar, or in the app drawer.
Next, scroll all the way down the settings menu until you locate About tablet or About phone.
The about menu will display a lot of information about your device. You’re going to click the first option, System updates.
You’ll see the last time the system updated. Usually, your Android device will periodically search for system updates from your carrier or manufacturer. Automatically pushing an update is called “OTA“.
Occasionally, such as for the past week while we’re waiting for Android 4.4 to drop to Nexus devices, you’ll want to constantly manually check for updates by clicking Check now.
Your device with fish Google’s or your manufacturer’s servers for an update. And you can continue to be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your post. Android software development kit makes the application development process lot simpler and effective. You can create best performing android application with ease. Android Training Institutes in Chennai | Android Training in Chennai|iOS Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Good Blog. Highly valuable information have been shared. Highly useful blog..Great information has been shared. We expect many more blogs from the author. Special thanks for sharing..
    SAP Training in Chennai | AWS Training in Chennai | Android Training in Chennai | Selenium Training in Chennai | Networking Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Licencia Creative Commons
Este obra está bajo una licencia de Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.